Stay informed on coronavirus via the Coronavirus Austalia app
Tips on how to stay safe online during the COVID-19 pandemic
1 April 2020: Home Learning Challenge
1 April 202: Minister letter COVID-19
30 March 2020: Home Learning
25 March 2020: COVID-19 Update from the principal
24 March 2020: COVID-19 Update on pupil free days
23 March 2020: COVID-19 Update on pupil free days
16 March 2020: COVID-19 Update
Online Learning Trouble shooting
Some families using personal devices have been experiencing issues with Digital Backpack.
If you have more than one student using the same computer to access Digital Backpack and are having problems, please try the instructions in this guide.
Chromebook Issued by School
The student should log-in as they normally would at school using their StudentID and Password
Personal Computer at Home
When using a computer at home, students will need to access Digital Backpack using Incognito Mode on Chrome. There is an issue with Digital Backpack where it does not log the user out when they press on “log out”. This is a problem if there are multiple kids in the family that need to access Digital Backpack because when the first student signs-in they remain signed in. ICT Shared Services are looking into this issue, but here is a work-around for the time being
- Make sure there is only one Chrome window open.
- Open a new Incognito Window in Chrome
More Info: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en&oco=0
- Go to https://backpack.ed.act.edu.au/
- Sign in with StudentID and Password
- Once the student is done with their learning material, make sure all chrome windows are closed
- Repeat process for each student that wants to use Digital Backpack
Issues regarding Flash on Chromebooks:
This guide on how to enable Flash on Chrome & Chromebooks. Students using Sunshine Online on Chromebooks will face this issue.
How to Upload Files using the Google Drive App
- Download the Google Drive app from the App Store (iOS) or Play Store (Android)
- Open the Google Drive app and sign-in using the students email and password
- Student Email is their studentID@schoolsnet.act.edu.au
- Make sure to replace “studentID” with their actual studentID (eg. 2002830)
- NOTE: If you already have Google Drive on your phone, you can add your child's account by pressing “Add another account”
More info: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/1721977?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en
- Take a picture of your child’s work with your phone, and then open the Google Drive app
- Navigate to the folder you want to upload to.
- Click on the + symbol on the bottom right and press “Upload”
- Select the picture you just took and it will automatically start uploading.
- Your child should now be able to see the picture on their Chromebook when they visit Google Drive!
Franklin Early Childhood School
Franklin Early Childhood School provides, for every student, an engaging environment with learning experiences that nurture and challenge their potential. We aim to build the capacity of our students so that they are resilient learners who have pride in themselves and their place of learning.
Franklin Early Childhood's Vision is that:
- Our school is a place where learning is exciting, fun, challenging and focussed on success and achievement
- Our school is well-organised and resourced
- Our focus is on continually improving teacher capacity so that we can build upon and improve student learning outcomes
- Our community is welcomed, valued and plays an integral part in the development of our learning environment
- Our educators use their knowledge of students to engage them in rigorous learning to meet their current and future needs
Every day every student will know that Franklin Early Childhood School is:
"Our place of learning, of fun, of connection, a place where everyone is committed to doing their very best.
Franklin Early Childhood School is a truly great place to belong, to be, to become.